Easter Seals of Greater Houston’s mission is to provide exceptional services to ensure all people with disabilities or special needs and their families have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Job Description – Position Type
Full time (40 hrs) internship, primarily in-person including 4 weeks M-F day camp and 1 week M-F overnight camp, including some evening and weekend work
Easter Seals of Greater Houston will host 5 weeks of summer camp for children with disabilities in the summer of 2022. Four of the weeks will serve children with various disabilities and their siblings in special supported environments throughout the greater Houston area, and one week will serve children with a primary diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy at a fully accessible overnight camp facility. If selected as a partnering agency, the Easter Seals Summer Camp Intern would be present during every week of camp along with three-four weeks of office work and hold a main leadership role during the entire summer.
The Easter Seals Summer Camp Internship will provide a comprehensive look into the responsibilities of a non-profit Program Coordinator by providing hands on experience in the coordination, facilitation, and management of programs while gaining direct experience working with clientele, community donors, volunteers, and family members.
Job Dimensions/Other Requirements
- The internship duration will be ten (10) consecutive weeks from May 31st through August 5th (start and end dates are flexible)
- The intern will work 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday (hours vary during overnight camp)
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student who has completed at least one year of college and has not graduated
- Must have 30 hours of college credit
- Must be organized, self-motivated, compassionate, and professional
- An interest in working with children with disabilities and non-profit is highly desired
- Computer and internet skills will be required
- Relatives of ExxonMobil employees are ineligible to be hired
- Must have reliable transportation
How to Apply
E-mail your resume to Kenzie Richard, Camps Coordinator, at email@example.com and request an application for the summer camps internship.
Additional counselor positions – https://bit.ly/3IQsTbs
For questions or to request more information, please contact Kenzie Richard, Camps Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-208-0543.